- The Registration for studies, courses, seminars and workshops is made in writing, online via internet or by email at the Academy of Fine Art GmbH. When registering online, the student declares a binding registration for the event by clicking the “Send” button. The receipt of the registration is confirmed by an automated e-mail immediately after the registration has been sent and does not yet constitute an acceptance of the contract. The contract becomes legally effective upon receipt of the registration confirmation. Registrations will be considered in the order in which they are received. Special admission or selection criteria for certain measures remain unaffected. If the number of registrations exceeds the capacity of a course, the Academy of Fine Art GmbH reserves the right to initiate an admission procedure. If a registration cannot be taken into account, the Academy of Fine Art GmbH will inform the person registered.
General terms & conditions
Tuition fee and payment terms
- Unless otherwise agreed in individual cases, the current prices at the time the contract is concluded apply. The prices shown do not include materials. The prices quoted are non-binding, price changes and errors are reserved.
- After the first registration for the course as well as after registration for events of a trimester, an invoice for the fee for the respective trimester is sent to the student. 10% of the fee for the respective trimester (processing fee) must be paid no later than two weeks after registration, stating the invoice number. The remaining 90% of the fee for the respective trimester must be paid no later than four weeks before the start of the trimester. If the student falls short of the registration deadline of 5 weeks before the start of the trimester, the entire fee for the respective trimester must be paid within 1 week of registration at the latest.
- The respective invoice amount can be made in monthly installments by separate agreement, per trimester or as an annual fee.
- If payment is not made on time, the Academy of Fine Art GmbH reserves the right to allocate the study spot to someone else.
- The student can withdraw from the contract up to 4 weeks before the start of a trimester without giving reasons. The resignation must be in written. The receipt of the declaration of withdrawal by the Academy of Fine Art GmbH is decisive for the timeliness of the withdrawal. If the entire fee for the upcoming trimester has already been paid, 90% of this will be reimbursed, and 10% of the fee for the respective trimester (processing fee) will be retained. In any case, the 10% of the fee for the respective trimester (processing fee), which must be paid within 1 week after registration and receiving the invoice, will not be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement of the fee is excluded in any case if the withdrawal period according to a. is / cannot be maintained.
- At the beginning of the trimester, students are given a set of rules that describes the behavior and guidelines for the everyday guidelines of the academy. The student accepts this at the start of the course.
- All students have to adhere to the rules during their stay at the Academy of Fine Art GmbH, otherwise the right to exclude the student from classes is reserved. The students and workshop participants have to appear on time for the start of classes. If you arrive late, students may have to wait until the break. This is especially the case with nude lessons with a model. Eating is not permitted in the study rooms. The students can use the designated area in the kitchen for this. Drinks should always be closed and placed safely in the vicinity of the workplace. The workplace must always be left clean, any rubbish must be disposed of accordingly and the dishes must be put in the dishwasher. Phones and other mobile devices must be muted. Telephoning in the study rooms is not permitted. The students can use the common area for this. Basically, it is advised to behave considerately and quietly in the study rooms so as not to disturb other students and workshop participants. When listening to music through headphones, make sure to set the volume to an appropriate level. The consumption of alcohol or drugs is not permitted. The Academy of Fine Art GmbH is a smoke-free facility. Smokers can smoke in designated areas outside the building and are in any case responsible for keeping the area clean and free of cigarettes. The electronic devices in the kitchen must always be kept clean and cared for. This applies in particular to the fully automatic coffee machine. The students who use it have to ensure that coffee beans, milk and sugar are appropriately available. Respectful interaction with one another is expected for positive cooperation. Suggestions, messages or criticism should be discussed with the responsible teacher or with the management of the Academy of Fine Art GmbH.
- The Academy of Fine Art GmbH has the right to postpone or cancel events for reasons for which it is not responsible. The students will get informed about this on time.
- If there is a study contract, it is possible, by prior arrangement, to suspend the study for a maximum of 3 trimesters, stating the appropriate reasons. The application must be submitted in text form no later than 4 weeks before the start of the trimester.
- During the courses and events, photos and, if necessary, videos are made which the Academy of Fine Art GmbH uses for advertising purposes and for documentation. By registering, students and workshop participants consent to the use of the image material on which they can be seen. If this is not desired, the student must inform us in writing. All intellectual property rights of materials available in the course or in workshops are held by the Academy of Fine Art GmbH. Copying these in whole or in part is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted in the event of violation. Photos and videos made by students themselves on our premises may not be published or used in any other way without the prior written permission of the Academy of Fine Art GmbH. Working documents and the computer software used are protected by copyright. Copying or passing on to third parties is only permitted with the prior consent of the copyright holder.
- The Academy of Fine Art GmbH is liable for damages, regardless of the legal reason and regardless of whether known or unknown, in the event of willful intent and gross negligence. In the case of simple negligence, the Academy of Fine Art GmbH is only liable for damage resulting from injury to life, limb or health or for damage resulting from a not inconsiderable breach of an essential contractual obligation; in this case the liability of Academy of Fine Art GmbH is limited to the replacement of the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
- The Academy of Fine Art GmbH is entitled to exclude students from further participation in special cases, e.g. default in payment, disruption of the event and the operational process, non-compliance with the house rules, etc.
- The data of the student are saved and used by the Academy of Fine Art GmbH exclusively for the purpose of organizing the event.
- Additional agreements are only valid in writing. In the event that individual clauses of these conditions are ineffective, the effectiveness of the remaining clauses remains unaffected.
- Unless otherwise stated, the courses take place on the premises of the Academy of Fine Art GmbH, Daimlerstr. 13, 61352 Bad Homburg von der Höhe. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to all legal relationships between the Academy of Fine Art GmbH and the student.
Right of cancellation
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period is 14 days from the day the contract is concluded. In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must send a clear declaration to us (Academy of Fine Art GmbH, Daimlerstr. 13, 61352 Bad Homburg von der Höhe, fax: 06172/9451101, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) (for example a letter sent by post, fax or email) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your notification of exercising your right of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
If you register for our events as a consumer within the meaning of § 13 BGB, you have a right of withdrawal in addition to our general terms and conditions. A consumer within the meaning of the law is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for a purpose that cannot be attributed to either their commercial or their independent professional activity.
Status: September 2020