Study program with 36 hours a week
Full-time program state-approved painter
The regular period of study to become a state-approved painter is three years. This can be extended by a further year in digital drawing for concept art and VFX.
For a high quality and the best possible training, we attach great importance to the fundamental and basic knowledge. That is why everyone starts with drawing, regardless of their previous knowledge. Besides that, our students draw and later paint every day from the live model. Anatomy, composition, art history, but also self-marketing, law and finances are additional subjects that we teach in this course of study.
State-approved painter. The degree has been state-approved by the Hessian Ministry of Science and Art and has national validity.
STATE-APPROVED SUPPLEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Private art academy that is state approval
- Small study groups
- Teachers are always present
- Individual attention from the teachers
- Learn from professionals, all our teachers are also professional artists
By focusing on the artistic craft, you have many career opportunities besides being a freelance artist.
Our students or graduates work part-time or full-time in the following industries:
- Tattoo Studios
- Advertising industry
- As art teachers in secondary schools, public schools and private art academies
- Movie and gaming industry
- Agencies for media, communication, product and fashion design
DURATION & START OF STUDIES
- The regular period of study is 3 years
- Extension by a further year possible. In this 4th year, you can acquire an additional qualification in the field of concept art and visual effects.
- Start at any term (January, April or September)
STUDY MODEL AND DAYS
- Classes are taken in trimesters. A trimester consists of 11 weeks of block teaching. There are 3 trimesters per year
- During the trimester, classes are held from Monday to Friday from 09:30 AM to 04:30 PM or until 07:00 PM.
- German and English
- We have students from all over the world, just like our teachers
- 665 € monthly in 36 to 48 rates, depending on if you take the additional qualification (trimester fee: 2660 € )
- Application for student BAFöG or education loan possible
- Training costs are tax deductible up to a maximum of € 6,000 per year
- Participation in the scholarship program offered by the Academy’s sponsoring association possible
- Regular student exhibitions with picture sales
- For further information, simply arrange a consultation
- For a committed registration, simply fill out our online form
- Our study contract can always be cancelled 4 weeks before the start of the next term
- You can also register for only one term or for one year
COURSE CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
All practical art projects build on each other and are becoming more and more complex. This guarantees a continuous increase in one’s own skills. These projects include Bargue drawings, figurative drawings and paintings or still lifes.
The modules are offered at different times of the year and are attended by the students. They conclude with participation, a written exam or an oral presentation.
There is a mid-term exam and a final exam.
The table below shows the standard period of study. For the progress in the program the time the projects were completed are what counts in general.